Intense Pulse Light or commonly known as IPL treatments deliver an intense but gentle burst of light into selectively targeted areas of the skin. An IPL treatment is great for correcting uneven skin tone related to a variety of causes. The light is absorbed by specific blood vessels or melanin pigmented areas in the dermis depending on the condition being treated.
- Redness of the face and neck
- Sun/Age Spots
- Face and Leg Spider veins
- Port Wine Stains
Types of Lesions
Vascular Lesions are areas of overgrown or enlarged blood vessels. These vary in color from red to purple and range in size from a spot to large areas of the body. Seen as visible veins, spider veins, angiomas or port wine stains, they are quite common and are either congenital, acquired through overexposure to the sun, a result of oral contraceptives, hormone therapy, or the natural process of aging.
Pigmented Lesions are light tan to brown and black areas of discoloration on the skin. In these areas the body has collected more pigment, creating age spots, liver spots, freckles and brown birthmarks. These are congenital or acquired through over exposure to the sun.
If you are interested in a face and neck lift in the Western Washington area, contact us to find out if you’re a good candidate for the procedure.
The Next Advancement in Micro-Therapy
SkinPen is a medical grade, state-of-the-art microneedling device designed to improve the appearance of fine lines, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, scars and texture on the face and body.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue. –1st day
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops. –Up to a week
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin. –Continues for months.
Microneedling is effective for most skin types, all year round and has little to no down time. It works in conjunction with Skinfuse. Skinfuse is an easy-to-use skin care regimen specifically formulated to provide the nutrients your skin needs to optimize the results of the SkinPen procedure. Skinfuse products contain nutrients that support the skin after microneedling. Also, to assist in your microneedling procedure recovery, Skinfuse does not contain ingredients that hinder the skin rejuvenation process.