Many people who are unhappy with the appearance of their face are hesitant to try plastic surgery. They may wonder what other options are out there. Botox® and dermal fillers are two such options. At Cascade Facial Surgery & Aesthetics, we offer both plastic surgery and non-surgical cosmetic treatments to help you reverse some of the impacts of aging. Dr. Jonathan R. Grant is a dual board-certified and fellowship-trained facial plastic surgeon and can guide you in selecting the best procedure to achieve your aesthetic goals.
The Different Types of Injectables
Cascade Facial Surgery & Aesthetics offers Botox® and a variety of injectables. Each works in a slightly different way and helps you achieve a revitalized look. Here is an overview of each:
- Botox® and Jeuveau – Botox®, and Jeuveau are injectables made of purified botulinum and onabotulinum toxins. They temporarily reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
- Restylane® – Restylane® is formulated with hyaluronic acid to add volume and fullness to the skin. It plumps up sagging or drooping areas and smooths away wrinkles.
- Revanesse Versa – Revanesse Versa is also made of hyaluronic acid and smooths lines and wrinkles. Its formula includes spherical particles that allow it to provide long-lasting results.
- Juvéderm® – Juvéderm® is another hyaluronic acid-based filler often used to fill in wrinkles and to enhance the lips, cheeks and jawline.
- Radiesse® – Radiesse® consists of calcium hydroxyapatite microspheres in a gel. The filler adds volume and can prompt the body to create its own collagen.
- Fat grafting – Fat grafting involves taking unwanted fat from an area of the body such as the abdomen or thighs and injecting it into areas that need volume. Once the fat grafts develop their own blood supply, the results last a long time.
How Botox® Works
Botox® works by temporarily paralyzing targeted facial muscles. This causes the temporary smoothing of overlying wrinkles. Botox® is typically injected in the forehead and around the corners of the eyes.
How Dermal Fillers Work
Dermal fillers work by adding volume to plump up the treatment area. Fillers are commonly used under the eyes, in areas of the cheek and in the folds around the nose, mouth and chin.
How Long Do Injectables Last?
Botox® generally lasts about three to four months. Dermal fillers will typically last between three and 24 months, depending on the type of filler used and the area being treated. Fat grafts can last for years though the amount that lasts that long can be variable.
Schedule Your Botox® or Dermal Filler Consultation
You don’t have to let natural aging negatively impact your facial appearance. Cascade Facial Surgery & Aesthetics can help you restore some of your youthful glow through Botox® or dermal fillers at our Western Washington office. To schedule your consultation to find out if Botox® or dermal fillers are right for you, call (360) 336-1947. We look forward to hearing from you.